AURANGABAD – MUMBAI
BANGKOK – DELHI
- 05:30 Meet at Suvarnabhumi airport.
- 08:55 fly on AI to Delhi by AI333
- 12:05 Arrive Delhi by Air India at approx.1205 hrs.Transfer to domestic terminal to connect flight AI 441 @ 1500 to Aurangabad.
- 16:35 Arrive Aurangabad, after customs meet and great with you local guide who will assist you to your Hotel. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
- After breakfast at hotel, depart for full day excursion to Ajanta Caves (Closed on all Mondays). Lunch at local restaurant.
- AJANTA CAVES: It was only in the 19th century, that the Ajanta group of caves, lying deep within the Sahyadri hills, cut into the curved mountain side, above the Waghora river, were discovered. They depict the story of Buddhism, spanning a period from 200 BC to 650 AD. The 29 caves were built as secluded retreats of the Buddhist monks, who taught and performed rituals in the Chaityas and Viharas, the ancient seats of learning, and nerve – centers of the Buddhist cultural movement. Using simple tools like hammer and chisel, the monks carved out the impressive figures adorning the walls of these structures. (AJANTA CAVES ARE CLOSED ON ALL MONDAYS)
- Dinner & overnight at hotel.
AURANGABAD – MUMBAI
- After breakfast a hotel, depart for half day excursion to Ellora Caves (Closed on all Tuesdays). Lunch at local restaurant. ELLORA CAVES: The Ellora caves, 34 in number, are carved into the sides of a basaltic hill, 30 kms from Aurangabad. The finest specimens of cave – temple architecture, they house elaborate facades and exquisitely adorned interiors. These structures representing the three faiths of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, were carved during the 350 AD to 700 AD period. The 12 caves to the south are Buddhist, the 17 in the centre dedicated to Hinduism, and the 5 caves to the north are Jain.
- Lunch at a city restaurant after which continue sightseeing of Aurangabad City. BIBI KA MAQBARA OR MINI TAJ:Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal, in Agra, in loving memory of his wife Mumtaz. His son Aurangzeb, who overthrew him, built the Bibi-Ka-Maqbara as a mausoleum to his wife Rabia-ud-Durrani. This is the monument for which Aurangabad is best known, probably because it was obviously intended to rival the Taj Mahal, which it imitates. The comparison with the Agra monument has unfortunately somewhat denigrated the Aurangabad tomb which in itself displays a worthwhile architectural design, with much distinguished surface ornamentation in the late Mughal style.
- In time, transfer to airport to board flight for Mumbai. AI 441 @ 2040 Meet and transfer to local restaurant for dinner. After dinner, Transfer to your Hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel after which depart for visit to Elephanta Caves. It is located on island hills about 11 km north-east of the Apollo Bandar, Mumbai and 7 km from the shore of the mainland, approximately covering an area of 7 km in circumference. The island is named after a colossal elephant found in the island, which is popularly known as ‘Gharapuri’. At present, the statue of elephant is housed at Jijamata Garden in Mumbai. In ancient period, the place is variously identified as Puri which is mentioned in the Aihole inscription of Pulakesin II. It seems, different dynasties held their sway over this island, namely, the Konkan-Mauryas, Trikutakas, Chalukyas of Badami, Silaharas, Rashtrakutas, Kalyani Chalukyas, Yadavas of Deogiri, Muslim rulers of Ahmedabad and then by the Portuguese.
- Afternoon at leisure for shopping, etc.
- Transfer to Airport in time to connect flight to Bangkok AI 330 @ 0145 hrs
MUMBAI – BANGKOK
- Arrive Bangkok with good and memories from the trip
Contact : 02-630-4639 (Biwty)
: 02-631-2570 (Nikki)