SRINAGAR KASHMIR 6D/5N
DELHI – SRINAGAR – GULMARG – PAHALGAM
BANGKOK – DELHI
- 05:30 Meet at Suvarnabhumi airport.
- 08:55 fly on AI to Delhi by AI333
- 12:05 Arrive Delhi by Air India at approx.1205 hrs Later proceed for lunch at Chore Bizare restaurant (Indian) after which proceed for city tour of Old Delhi: An ancient walled city. Here you will drive past Red Fort, the most opulent Fort and Palace of the Mughal Empire: drive pass Jama Masjid–(Friday’s Closed). It is the largest mosque in India. It was begun in 1644 and completed only in 1658. There are two minarets (40m in height), four angle towers and three gateways. Built during the rule of Emperor Shah Jahan, the mosque is made of white marble and red stone. Rajghat:On the banks of the Yamuna, is the spot where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated following his assassination in 1948. Chandni Chowk: This shopping bazaar is the main street of Old Delhi. In spite of it being terribly crowded, irrespective of the time of the day or night, it is frequented by Indian and foreign tourists alike. (Chandni chowk market closed on Sunday’s)
- After sightseeing return to your hotel for overnight stay. Radisson Blu Hotel
DELHI / SRINAGAR
- Early breakfast at the hotel after which proceed and transfer to airport to connect flight for Srinagar. AI 866
- 11:55 Arrive Srinagar. Upon arrival, assistance & transfer to houseboat. Lunch at your houseboat after which proceed for visit to Mughal Gardens
- Shalimar Bagh is one of the beautiful gardens in Srinagar, which is regarded as the monument of love. It was built in 1616 by Mughal Emperor Jahangir for his wife, Nur Jahan. This garden houses four terraces, fountains and a canal. The highest terrace at this site is known as ‘Abode of Love’, which was used by the emperor and royal ladies. This bagh is also called as Garden of Char Minar, Faiz Baksh and Farah Baksh.
- Nishat Bagh was constructed in 1633 by Abdul Hasan Asaf Khan, brother of Nur Jahan and father of Mumtaz Mahal. It is among the largest Mughal Gardens built in the region, which has some of the rare species of flowers and artefacts. The bagh is located on the banks of Dal Lake with Zabarwan Hills on the backdrop. It is also known for around 12 terraces, fountains, flowerbeds and huge lawns that attract travellers. Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan was impressed with the beauty of this garden and hoped that his father-in-law would gift this place to him. When he did not receive this place in gift, he ordered for the closure of the water supply to this garden.
- After the sightseeing, return to your houseboat.
- Dinner and overnight stay at your houseboat. Deluxe Houseboat
SRINAGAR – GULMARG
- Breakfast at your houseboat after which proceed for an excursion to Gulmarg.
- Gulmarg is situated at a distance of 45 km from Srinagar and is visited during the peak season from December to April. This is the best season to witness snowfall and is popular for adventure activities such as hiking, horse riding, golf playing, skiing and cable car riding. Gulmarg was originally called as Gaurimarg and it got its present name by Sultan Yusuf Shah in 16th century. It was also a favourite place of Emperor Jahangir, who once collected around 21 varieties of flowers from Gulmarg. This place also has the highest green golf course in the world, which is situated around 2,650 m above the sea level.
- Hot lunch will be provided at a city restaurant in Gulmarg.
- After sightseeing, return to Srinagar which is 1 and a half hour drive.
- Evening free at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at houseboat. Deluxe Houseboat
SRINAGAR – PAHALGAM – SRINAGAR
- Pahalgam: (Village of Shepherd) is surrounded by soaring, fir – covered mountains with bare, snow-capped peaks rising behind them is 98 Kms far from Srinagar. En route visit the impressive ruins of stone Temple built by King Avanti Varman in the 10th Century AD. On next stop visit Mattan temple, small lingam (Shiva Symbol) stands in the sparkling spring. Later drive along the river Lidder to Pahalgam. Pahalgam located at the confluence of the streams flowing from the river Lidder and Sheshnag Lake, Pahalgam was once a humble shepherd’s village with breathtaking views. Now it Kashmir’s premier resort, cool even during the height of summer and with rolling meadows.
- Hot lunch will be provided at a restaurant/ hotel in Pahalgam After sight seeing drive back to Srinagar.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Houseboat. Deluxe Houseboat
SRINAGAR – DELHI
- Breakfast at the hotel after which Transfer to airport to take flight back to Delhi on AI 826 @ 1230hrs Upon arrival,
- Dinner & overnight stay at the hotel. Radisson Blu Hotel
DELHI – BANGKOK
- Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to International airport to connect your onward flight to Bangkok. Flight on AI 332 DEL – BKK @ 1345 – 1920
Contact : 02-630-4639 (Biwty)
: 02-631-2570 (Nikki)